Saturday, December 9, 2006

Depresso Girl...

Today I was feeling a little out of sorts or as Dr. L calls it "depresso girl". I sometimes have days where I really struggle with things of my past and no matter how much I know I am forgiven I just can't make my emotions believe it. Today my study took me just where I needed to go, in Philippians 3:12-14: "...but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
I think it is very easy to get bogged down in the past and to rehash and struggle with things done in the past. Even though I know I am forgiven, it is sometimes really hard to accept the forgiveness and forgive myself. This verse helped to remind me that we are to forget what is behind and instead keep our focus on what is ahead, and take hope in the fact that we will see the glory of God, and he will deliver us one day forever from our sinful bodies and make us new. Hallelujah!

No comments: