Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hey you...Drunky

Well, we are getting used to having a new little one around. I guess that's a good thing since she's not going anywhere anytime soon! I am really enjoying being a mom. At first I was a little overwhelmed by the lack of sleep and structuring my entire being around her feeding times, but I am learning to get things done around the house and try to stay up on my sleep. I think I am getting off easy this first go round because she rarely cries or fusses and is a really textbook baby. I am thankful for that, and am glad God doesen't give us too much on our plate at one time. I am also really spoiled to have Alex helping me. He has changed a million more diapers than I have and is always willing to watch her, or hold her or whatever needs to be done so I can
lead a somewhat normal life! What a blessing he is:)
I haven't taken too many pictures recently of little G. Mostly because she does the same things over and over right now and the pictures are all the same. But, we are getting to know her a little bit better. She is a so-so eater, but is a champion sleeper which is not always a good combo for mom's nerves. I'm always worrying if she is eating enough which is a down side to breast feeding. She loves to make faces which crack us up. She wrinkles her brow and squints her eyes and, my favorite, when she purses her lips into a little fish mouth. We call it baby fish mouth after the When Harry Met Sally pictionary scene. We have yet to get a picture of it, but when we do it will go straight on here. She looks hilarious. She also always poops when she eats which makes it difficult for her because she can't swallow and push at the same time and usually ends up kind of fussing, popping on and off the nipple, spitting up and pooping all at once. I keep telling her it would be much easier if she would just do her pooping at another time, but I don't think she has much control over that at this time in her little life. A burp rag is a must, but I really am glad she didn't get my GI tract. At least she is regular! But overall she is a really good kid. I am enjoying and saving up all the snuggles I can get at this time and savoring every minute of it. Then if she is bratty one day in her teens I can think back to what a sweet baby she was. I know she will be all grown up before I know what happened. Below are a few pictures of what we call "milk drunk". This is the state she goes into after eating when she has a belly full of milk. Or when she just passes out in the middle of eating without a full belly and I have to prod her continuously to get her to keep eating, but I digress. She is a cutie pie!



Passed out.


And a lovely early morning shot of me, thanks Alex.


So...sleepy...can't keep my eyes open...

3 comments:

J Stu said...

that last shot is great. get krunk!

The Owens said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so glad it is going well for you guys! Enjoy it because truly it does go so quickly :) Can't wait to see the fish lips!!

Susanna said...

Awww ... she's v cute! I hope its not too long before we get to meet her! I thought it was a myth, but it's true, and even you've succumbed Dinah - how come all parents talk poop?! She's really going to appreciate that being stored on the archive that is the www when she's 13 or 14!! Tee hee hee...